For East Africa-based startups
What is the programme about?
Over the last few years, Startup Mentoring by enpact has driven ambitious entrepreneurs to overcome obstacles, scale their business, connect internationally with partners and gain new insights to develop their strategy and strengthen their management skills.
You will be part of a 8-month mentoring journey along with 29 other highly-motivated and successful entrepreneurs: 10 from Europe and 20 from East Africa.
Who can apply?
- have a startup based in East Africa
- are beyond concept validation and prototype phase in their market
- want to improve their business operations with insights and best practices from experts and international mentors and other fast-moving entrepreneurs
- wish to experience an outstanding and long lasting personal and entrepreneurial journey alongside engaging in the enpact community
- are committed to doing the entire 8-month mentoring programme.
What is in it for you?
- work on new and exciting challenges to overcome with team, funding, product development, positioning, pivoting or business development
- explore new markets or consolidate within the national market
- pitch to an extensive network of partners (corporates, investors, influencers, etc.)
- gain exposure via international and regional media outlets
- exchange stories about failures, lessons, tips and tricks with the enpact community.
Application process & 8-month programme
Phase 1: application + selection
Deadline: 19th of April 2018
Basic application to express interest and introduce your startup.
2. application shortlist
Deadline: 25th of April 2018
Selected entrepreneurs will be asked for more information about their business.
3. interview + selection
21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th of May 2018
Shortlisted startups will be interviewed for final selection. Selected entrepreneurs will be asked to attend a kick-off day in July.
Phase 2: 8 months of intensive mentoring
14th of July 2018
One comprehensive briefing day concerning the programme and the camps.
2. camp in Berlin
6th to 11th of August 2018
An intense 5-day event with expert workshops, one-on-one mentor/fellow sessions, startup safaris and more.
3. mentors visit
October – November 2018
Mentors travel to meet the startups locally for intensive mentoring sessions and (when possible) field visits.
4. camp in Nairobi
4th to 8th of February 2019
Another 5-day camp with expert workshops, one-on-one mentor/fellow sessions and more.
5. monthly calls & local meet-ups
July 2018 to February 2019
Fellows will connect monthly with their mentors and other enpact fellows from their home country.
Access to an international alumni network of more than 400 startups, mentors, experts and partners.
What have we achieved so far?
entrepreneurs have been through our programmes
highly qualified mentors & experts joined our programmes
average number of jobs created by our participants
of the startups are still operational after three years
“My mentor is so enthusiastic at mentoring me at every turn!”
Blayne Tesfaye, CEO & founder of TruLuv
“The camps captured my mind and heart.
Mind means the faculties that allow to think, create, develop, implement, make decisions etc. Heart means the camp amplified my passion for life, people, start-ups (work) ten times over”
George Kaburu, COO – Africa’s Voices Foundation
How much does it cost?
What do I get:
- 8 months of individual mentoring
- Participation in two Startup Camps
- Accommodation, catering and travel cost during the Startup Camps
- Your mentors visit you for up to three days
What is not included:
- Your flights to the Startup Camps
- Insurance and visa fees
Cost contribution: 650 Euros*
*The total cost of the programme is around 10.000€ per participant. Thanks to our donor, we are able to cover 95% of the cost. We ask participants to pay the remainder, as experience shows greater commitment if some payment is rendered.