For West Africa-based startups
What is the programme about?
Over the past two years, we have driven +130 ambitious entrepreneurs to overcome obstacles, acquiring new tools, gain new insights to strengthen their management skills and develop a strategy to scale their businesses.
You will be part of a 8-month mentoring journeys along with 29 other highly-motivated and successful entrepreneurs: 10 from Europe and 20 from West Africa.
Who can apply?
- have a startup based in West Africa
- are beyond concept validation and prototype phase in their market.
- want to improve their business operations with insights and best practices from experts and international mentors and other fast moving entrepreneurs.
- wish to experience an outstanding and long lasting personal and entrepreneurial journey alongside engaging in the enpact community
- are committed to doing the entire 8-month mentoring programme.
What is in it for you?
- work on new and exciting challenges to overcome with team, funding, product development, positioning, pivoting or business development.
- explore new markets or consolidate within the national market.
- pitch to an extensive network of partners (corporates, investors, influencers, etc.)
- gain exposure via international and regional media outlets.
- exchange stories about failures, lessons, tips and tricks with the enpact community.
More videos about our Startup Camps and Testimonials
of our community here!
Application process & 8-month programme
Phase 1: application + selection
Deadline: August 31st, 2019
Basic application to express interest and introduce your startup.
2. application shortlist
Deadline: September 8th, 2019
Selected entrepreneurs will be asked for more information about their business.
3. interview + selection
September 16th – 20th, 2019
Shortlisted startups will be interviewed for final selection. Selected entrepreneurs will be asked to attend a kick-off day.
Phase 2: 8 months of intensive mentoring
One comprehensive briefing day concerning the programme and the camps.
2. camp in Accra
November 4th – 8th, 2019
An intense 5-day event with expert workshops, one-on-one mentor/fellow sessions, startup safaris and more.
3. mentors’ visit
February 2nd – 9th, 2020
Mentors will travel few days to meet the startups locally for intensive coaching sessions.
4. camp in Berlin
May 25th – 29th, 2020
Another 5-day camp with expert workshops, one-on-one mentor/fellow sessions and more.
5. monthly calls + local meet-ups
Fellows will connect monthly with their mentors and other enpact fellows from their home country.
Access to an international alumni network of more than 400 startups, mentors, experts and partners.
What do participants think about the programme?
“We were able to really look into our business strategy, product development and team dynamics which gave a more holistic improvement to our company”
Tabitha Nanzala, Ghana, 2017 cohort | CEO & co-founder of Ghalani
“The camp was an eye-opener and energiser for me to keep pushing and do what am best at. It improved my network worldwide and motivates me to achieve more”
Richmond Worgbah, Ghana, 2017 cohort | CEO & founder of Kasi Express
How much does it cost?
What is covered?
- 8 months of individual mentoring
- Inbound and outbound flight from/to Berlin & Accra
- Insurance and visa fees
- Participation in two Startup Camps
- Accommodation, catering and travel cost during the Startup Camps
- Your mentors visit you for an on-site mentoring sessions
What is not covered?
- Cost contribution: 650€*
(approx. 3,900GHS; 260,000NGN)
*The total cost of the programme is around 10.000€ per participant. Thanks to our donor, we are able to cover 95% of the cost. We ask participants to pay the remainder, as experience shows greater commitment if some payment is rendered.